Monday, January 31, 2011

Bryan Reo On The Springfield XDM 9mm

















http://bryanreo.blogspot.com/2011/01/bryan-reo-on-springfield-xdm-9mm.html







By Bryan Reo

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED






First I would like to start by saying that in addition to my Springfield XDM 9mm (4.5 inch barrel) I also own a Springfield XD sub-compact in caliber .40 S&W. Also, I previously owned a Springfield 1911A1 (caliber .45 ACP) and I have been at they very least happy/pleased with all of my Springfield weapons. I was satisfied with my 1911A1 (although I traded it for an AR-15) I am more than pleased with my XD sub-compact, and I am thrilled with my XDM.






I recently bought an XDM 9mm and it is of an absolutely stellar design. It is a great improvement over the XD series, which was already an awesome series to begin with.


Perhaps the greatest qualities about this firearm, the Springfield XDM 9mm, are the tremendous accuracy and reliability of the weapon. Out of about six hundred rounds fired thus far there have been no jams, double feeds, stoppages, or any sort of miss-feeds or failures to fire. The pistol is so incredibly accurate you almost have to try to try to miss.


I was able to put 19 rounds into the head of a standard B-27 target at about 20 feet without much effort.




At 40-50 feet it consistently provides accuracy and precision.


The range I shoot at isn't that long so I'll have to wait a while to see how it handles at 100 feet and beyond. Given what I've learned about this pistol from shooting it thus far, I fully expect that it will more than deliver at 100 feet, probably even 150 feet.




Springfield's XDM 9mm with the trijicon night sights (I probably should have mentioned earlier that I went with the model that has night sights) is an absolute winner, a pistol you simply cannot go wrong with.I haven't tried any low-light scenario shooting yet but I anticipate that the night sights will not let me down.





The best part is that I snagged it up for approximately $670 dollars. At the time Springfield was running an incentive offer of THREE free magazines when you filled out a form and sent it in with a copy of your receipt, their magazine offer merely sealed the deal when it came to my decision to buy the XDM 9mm.



Again, those of you who know Bryan Reo, know that when he endorses a gun, it is a winner!





http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/home.html












Update- as of January 2012 an additional quantity of rounds, approximately 1500 in total, have been put through my Springfield XDM 9mm and not a single failure or mishap has occurred.



2 comments:

hvacstudent said...

Unless you intended your article only for people with specialized firearm knowledge, there was far too much lingo in here for an average person to grasp what you were trying to say.

Bryan Reo said...

Most people who are specifically looking for a full-size sidearm will know what a B-27 target is.