Monday, January 31, 2011

Bryan Reo Endorses The 2011 Toyota Tacoma

http://bryanreo.blogspot.com/2011/01/bryan-reo-endorses-2011-toyota-tacoma.html

By Bryan Reo

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED




I, Bryan Reo, having been a loyal Toyota customer/owner (my previous vehicle being a Toyota Camry) had a yearning for a truck and so it was only natural to explore the Toyota Tacoma as an option. I am glad that I considered the Toyota Tacoma and extremely glad that I ultimately picked the Toyota Tacoma.

Specifically I went with a V-6, 4WD, 4 door, double cab, short-bed, with an off-road package and a V-6 towing package.

I've put almost 5,000 miles on it in just two months and I can safely say it is a superb vehicle. It handles very smoothly and doesn't sway about in the winter as some people report that trucks do, nor does it seem impacted by wind that much. The Tacoma almost effortlessly glides over sand and is just about as effective when in mud. The off-road capabilities of the Tacoma truck are stunning, particularly in that the vehicle retains its crisp and smooth handling while off-road in 4WD and the ride itself is unexpectedly gentle.

A 5 foot short-bed is more than adequate for non-commercial and non-industrial hauling and helps reduce handling issues that might arise with a longer bed. The four door double cab arrangement is optimal for somebody who is more likely to need passenger space than hauling space, and not the sort of "good enough" passenger space that comes with an access cab, but real passenger space. The rear seats are real seats and the leg-room is real leg-room, you don't have to bend and turn about this way or that way to get into the back and fit in the back.

My only gripe is that my Tacoma is lucky to get 20-20.5 miles per gallon (on the highway), while my Camry consistently obtained 30-32 miles per gallon (on the highway), but then again it is a truck and it has more than 2,000 pounds in additional weight than my Camry, so it's not a legitimate complaint. I just wish Toyota could somehow make a truck identical to the 2011 Tacoma except with better gas mileage.

So for those of you out there who care what Bryan Reo has to say (and I know some folks from Mentor High and John Carroll University may very well care), the Toyota Tacoma has met with my approval.

I'm Bryan Reo and I approved this message...


2 comments:

hvacstudent said...

If there's heavy snow and the truck bed fills up with snow, does it affect your gas mileage?

Bryan Reo said...

Presumably it might, but I have a tonneau cover (not pictured) and it covers the bed.